Sunday 17 October 2021
Welcome to the Embryology education and research website now in the 23rd year online! There are many ways to find what you are looking for. Click on the left image term, or use the menu items at the page top, or the search window.
Bookmark with: https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au
Current number of topic pages 6,446
|10 Popular Pages
OK these are not my rankings, but by you the viewer.
These are the top ten popular pages based upon page views.
I have excluded the Main page, student projects and undergraduate course pages. Note, this data has not been updated since 1 January 2016, when page visit logs were removed.
|1 January 2016 (EST)
- Embryonic Development (399,216 views)
- Placenta Development (183,296 views)
- Timeline human development (154,106 views)
- Neural System Development (116,916 views)
- Mouse Development (115,361 views)
- Respiratory System Development (112,977 views)
- Placenta - Abnormalities (111,887 views)
- Implantation (111,620 views)
- Fetal Development (97,150 views)
- Chicken Development (89,201 views)
This is the Main Page of the website, clicking the top lefthand icon or the menu item will always bring you to here.
There are several different ways to find what you are looking for: click the major topic on the large left hand image, the Site Map also links to major topic sections, the Category option will show related materials, or simply use the search box.
|Embryology around the world (use the translate link by clicking Expand at the top of each page to change to your language) - embryologie (German, French, Dutch, Czech), embriología (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese), embryologi (Norwegian), embryologia (Finnish), embryoleg (Welsh), embriologi (Indonesian), embrayolohiya (Filipino), εμβρυολογία (Greek), эмбриология (Russian), 発生学 (Japanese), 胚胎 (Chinese), 발생학 (Korean), תוֹרַת הַעוּבָּר (Hebrew), علم الأجنة (Arabic), رویان شناسی (Persian), கருவியல் (Tamil), गर्भवृद्धिशास्त्र (Marathi), วิชาว่าด้วยระยะแรกเริม (Thai)
| Designed to update the original UNSW Embryology website online since 1996. You should find this new site easier to navigate and search. I am always happy to receive feedback on your learning experience.
Content has been derived under a number of different copyright restrictions, therefore do not assume that you can reuse content found on this current site without permission. Click on images and movies to get descriptions and full copyright information.
|News - Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus electron micrograph (image CDC)
First reported in Wuhan, China in 2019 and it is too soon to establish the possible fetal teratogenic effects of infection.
Coronaviruses (Latin corona = crown or halo) name refers to the appearance of their virions, due to the presence of a "crown" of surface spikes. Several of the coronavirus infections in humans occur initially as respiratory infections that originated from animal contact as a zoonotic infection.
- Links: coronavirus | virus | abnormal environmental | zoonotic infection | WHO coronavirus | CDC
- ↑ Lu H, Stratton CW & Tang YW. (2020). Outbreak of Pneumonia of Unknown Etiology in Wuhan China: the Mystery and the Miracle. J. Med. Virol. , , . PMID: 31950516 DOI.
- ↑ Hui DS, I Azhar E, Madani TA, Ntoumi F, Kock R, Dar O, Ippolito G, Mchugh TD, Memish ZA, Drosten C, Zumla A & Petersen E. (2020). The continuing 2019-nCoV epidemic threat of novel coronaviruses to global health - The latest 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China. Int. J. Infect. Dis. , 91, 264-266. PMID: 31953166 DOI.
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, October 17) Embryology Main Page. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Main_Page
- What Links Here?
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G