Foundations Practical - Additional Resources
This foundations practical is intended to provide a broad introduction to the human development timeline and to introduce key concepts of system formation.
Both timeline and placental development will be covered in detail in the next BGDA course.
Systemic development will be covered in detail in the future BGDB course.
There are many other resource pages on the current UNSW Embryology site that will help you in your study and understanding of development. [[Movies}} will also help in your understanding of dynamic events.
- There are many different excellent embryology textbooks.
- I have included textbook that UNSW students have full online access and covers the clinical topics as well. More Textbooks?
The Developing Human: Clinically oriented embryology
Citation: Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, Mark G. Torchia. (2011). The Developing Human: clinically oriented embryology (9th ed.). Philadelphia: Saunders.
The following chapter links only work with a UNSW connection.
- Links: More Embryology Textbooks
The Carnegie Staged Embryos
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
|Amniocentesis||Chorionic villus sampling||Ultrasound|
|Diagnosis Links: Prenatal Diagnosis | Pregnancy Test | Amniocentesis | Chorionic villus sampling | Ultrasound | Alpha-Fetoprotein | Pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A | Fetal Blood Sampling | Magnetic Resonance Imaging | Computed Tomography | Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing | Fetal Cells in Maternal Blood | Preimplantation Genetic Screening | Comparative Genomic Hybridization | Genome Sequencing | Neonatal Diagnosis | Category:Prenatal Diagnosis | Fetal Surgery | Classification of Diseases | Category:Neonatal Diagnosis|
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, February 18) Embryology Foundations Practical - Additional Resources. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Foundations_Practical_-_Additional_Resources
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G