|Educational Use Only - Embryology is an educational resource for learning concepts in embryological development, no clinical information is provided and content should not be used for any other purpose.|
There are a number of different neonatal screening (newborn screening) programs in different countries testing for various "common" abnormalities and infections. These include physical tests for hip displasia.
- Prenatal diagnosis - number of different techniques (non-invasive, invasive) for determining normal development
- Neonatal diagnosis (APGAR test, Guthrie test, Hearing test)
- Maternal diagnosis - often pregnancy will expose maternal health problems
A new site developed by NIH "GeneTests" provides medical genetics information resources available at no cost to all interested persons. It contains educational information, a directory of genetic testing laboratories and links to other databases such as OMIM.
Links: Gene Tests
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name. Links to any external commercial sites are provided for information purposes only and should never be considered an endorsement. UNSW Embryology is provided as an educational resource with no clinical information or commercial affiliation.
- NIH PubMed Health Newborn Screening
- Nemours Foundation Newborn Screening Tests
- The Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW Newborn Screening
- Secondary School Resource biotechnology online
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2018, December 15) Embryology Electrocardiogram. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Electrocardiogram
- © Dr Mark Hill 2018, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G