File:Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Drainage.jpg
Heart Abnormality - Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Drainage
- < 4% of Congenital Heart Disease
- more common in females
- Total or partial lack of connection of the pulmonary veins with left atria (LA).
- They open into right atria (RA), one of the systemic veins or both.
- The overloaded pulmonary circuit leads to cyanosis, tachypnoea and dyspnoea.
- Treatment is via surgical redirection
Image source: Report of the Review and Implementation Committee for The Report of the Manitoba Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Inquest May 2001 image showing heart abnormalities courtesy Government of Manitoba.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:25, 14 March 2010||290 × 350 (16 KB)||Z3212774||category:Heart ILP|
- You cannot overwrite this file.