- Implantation Project (Prof William Ledger)
- Digitising Embryology
- Australian Centre for Perinatal Research
- Collaborative Clinical/Basic Research Projects
- Online Medicine | Face Development - Lecture | Practical | Foundations Quiz
- Online Science
- Online Science Projects
- Online Medicine Projects
- Embryology Education | Medicine Learning and Teaching Forum 2012 - Online Projects | Individual Contributions
- Embryology iBooks
- Planned Projects
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
The Genetics of the Dog
The Genetics of the Dog
Edited by E Ostrander, National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), USA, A Ruvinsky, Professor of Genetics, University of New England, Australia
CABI Publishing / March 2012 / Hardback / 536 Pages / ISBN 9781845939403 / ISBN 10: 1845939409
Chapter 15 Developmental Genetics Anatoly Ruvinsky and Mark Hill pp 321-358
Recognizing the significant advances made in the field of animal genetics in the ten years since the first edition of Genetics of the Dog, this new edition of the successful 2001 book provides a comprehensive update on the subject, along with new material on topics of current and growing interest. Existing chapters on essential topics such as immunogenetics, genetics of diseases, developmental genetics and the genetics of behaviour have been fully updated, while new authors report on the latest advances in areas such as genetic diversity of dog breeds, canine genomics, olfactory genetics and cancer genetics.
Audience: College/higher education , Professional and scholarly , Professional & Vocational , A / AS level , Further / Higher Education
1. Canid phylogeny and the origin of the domestic dog; 2. Experimental studies of early canid domestication; 3. Genetic diversity and phylogenetic relationships of dog breeds; 4. Molecular genetics of coat colour, texture and length; 5. Mendelian traits in the dog; 6. Immunogenetics; 7. Genetic aspects of orthopaedic disorders in the dog; 8. Genetics of cancer in dogs; 9. Genetics of neurological disease in the dog; 10. Genetics of eye disorders in the dog; 11. Cytogenetics and chromosome maps; 12. Canine genomics; 13. Genetics of canine behavioural disorders; 14. Biology of reproduction and modern reproductive technology; 15. Developmental genetics; 16. Genetics of morphological traits; 17. Olfactory genetics; 18. Pedigree analysis, genotype testing and genetic counselling; 19. Genetics of quantitative traits and improvement of dog breeds; 20. Complex traits; 21. Canine model in medical genetics; 22. Genetic aspects of performance in working dogs; 23. Genetic nomenclature.
Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology
Edited by: Richard Seewald, PhD, Anne Marie Tharpe, PhD
DETAILS 852 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Hardcover, 8.5 x 11" N/A ISBN10: 1-59756-245-9 ISBN13: 978-1-59756-245-4
2010 - 833 pages - No preview
The Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology is the most wide-ranging and complete work of its kind in the specialty area of pediatric audiology. It covers knowledge areas and the literature requisite to the provision of the full range of quality, comprehensive pediatric audiologic services to children from the neonatal period through school-age. The Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology will become the definitive reference in pediatric audiology, containing contributions from 50 internationally recognized experts in the field. The Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology is intended for use in doctoral-level education programs in audiology or hearing science, as well as to serve as an in-depth reference source for practicing audiologists and other professionals, educators, scientists, and policy makers seeking current and definitive information on evidence-based pediatric audiology practice.
- Chapter 1 Hearing Development: Embryology of the Ear (Mark Hill)
Early Human Development
|Placenta - Villi Development and Placenta - Histology.|
Historic Embryology - To Do
- The Embryology Anatomy and Histology of the Eye (1906) Text requires correction and Anatomy and Histology images still need to be added.
- Manual of Human Embryology (1910) Images still need to be added.
- A Laboratory Manual and Text-book of Embryology (1918) Text to be added and edited.
Ball Park Music cover Brisbane music royalty Powderfinger's 'My Happiness' for triple j's Like A Version.
<html5media width="480" height="360">https://www.youtube.com/embed/lwu24GEG4r4</html5media>
<html5media width="480" height="360">https://www.youtube.com/embed/rsQCYvS-RC0</html5media>
Who´s Gonna Miss You
<html5media width="480" height="360">https://www.youtube.com/embed/bzWzYoy2ar8</html5media>
Medicine ILP 2015
- Special:NewFiles - recent images and files (PDF, Word, mov, mp3) added as thumbnails, see also List New Files
- Templates - site templates.
- Special:Categories - current site category list. File:Embryology Categories.doc
- Category:Quiz | ANAT2341 Quiz 09 - simple quizzes used in some classes.
- MediaWiki:Sidebar - edit the sidebar.
- Special:AllPages - as it says, all the pages in this project.
- Site Map - new site. (Site map 2004 map links to the original internet pages).
- Cardiac_Embryology - ILP Project.
- Font colours - table of different font colours available for wiki pages.
- Merlot entry - http://www.merlot.org/merlot/viewMaterial.htm?id=530500
Google - Profile
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/MarkHill_UNSW
Current Site Links
- embryology https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology
- cellbiology http://php.med.unsw.edu.au/cellbiology/index.php?title=Main_Page
- somswiki http://php.med.unsw.edu.au/somswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Cell Biology Wiki
Student Online Work
- ANAT3231 Cell Biology Projects 2009
- ANAT2341 Embryology Projects 2009
- Independent Learning Projects | ILP Cardiac Embryology Background | Cardiac Embryology Project | Neural Project | Delirium Catalogue
Collaborative Online Work
- Embryology 10 Stem Cells Lab - Antonio Lee
- Embryology 7 Muscle Lab - Steve Palmer
- Cell Biology Lab - Cytoskeletal Exercise - Thomas Fath
- Anatomy 2009 AE Practical Classes - Ken Ashwell
- Cardiac Embryology - 2009 ILP Project
myGRN: a database and visualisation system for the storage and analysis of developmental genetic regulatory networks
- myGRN: a database and visualisation system for the storage and analysis of developmental genetic regulatory networks
Learning How to Use
- Embryology Editing Basics
- Cell Biology Editing Basics
- Wiki 1 page Refcard PDF
- Open Office is a free office suite that includes a word processor that can export documents in Wiki format. Using Open Office
- Help for editors
- Online Generate Mediawiki table code.
- See also the information about reference sources and reuse.
Extension Matrix The Extension Matrix provides an overview of the extensions available to be added on this site.
- LDAP Authentication Mac/PC tested OK
- Quiz Mac/PC tested OK
- CategoryTree Mac/PC tested OK
- Quicktime Mac/PC tested OK; Browser problem - Safari, Firefox tested OK, IE width height does not format correctly.
Extensions - under test
- The WikiArticleFeeds Extension is a MediaWiki extension for converting regular wiki articles into RSS and Atom feeds. Note: This is pretty much the polar opposite of XFeed
- Extension:XFeed - RSS Feed Aggregator
- Allow adding of RSS feeds to Wiki page. could use for journals which feed new articles.
- ProcessCite Installed earlier, but problem with PubMed access, need to have some proxy to work. Contacted extension writer who did not resolve issue. Would like to get this working for referencing to work off PMID. --Mark Hill 10:17, 2 September 2009 (EST)
- Calendar - installed here, but not currently used. Active on SOMS Wiki for biohood booking.
- Extension:Hierarchical Namespace Permissions
- RSS, RSSNews need to set up additional extension
- Flash Video play (FLV) using flowplayer. Installed but not configured correctly. --Mark Hill 08:17, 2 October 2009 (EST)
- PDFwriter - to generate hardcopy compilations of course lecture notes.
Anchors can be placed anywhere on a wiki page and act as a location that a link can jump to.
<div id="anchor name"></div>
- width=px or % (Modify the width of the object)
- height=px or a% (Modify the height of the object)
- autoplay=true/false (Start playing the file or wait at first frame, default:true)
- controller=true/false (Show the controller, default:true)
- name (object-specific)
- id (embed-specific)
- src (embed-specific)
There are several referencing solutions and I like the PMID link version as it requires no student formatting. I would also like a local copy of some key references, in particular for recent findings sections of notes, with its own page based on PMID and then we have the whole PMC ID issue.
Annotation of the reference?
text into speech
WebAnywhere is a screen reader converting text into speech http://webanywhere.cs.washington.edu/wa.php