<div id="Fig_28"></div> [[Category:Draft]]
- Implantation Project (Prof William Ledger)
- Digitising Embryology
- Australian Centre for Perinatal Research
- Collaborative Clinical/Basic Research Projects
- Online Medicine | Face Development - Lecture | Practical | Foundations Quiz
- Online Science
- Online Science Projects
- Online Medicine Projects
- Embryology Education | Medicine Learning and Teaching Forum 2012 - Online Projects | Individual Contributions
- Embryology iBooks
- Planned Projects
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
The Genetics of the Dog
The Genetics of the Dog
Edited by E Ostrander, National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), USA, A Ruvinsky, Professor of Genetics, University of New England, Australia
CABI Publishing / March 2012 / Hardback / 536 Pages / ISBN 9781845939403 / ISBN 10: 1845939409
Chapter 15 Developmental Genetics Anatoly Ruvinsky and Mark Hill pp 321-358
Recognizing the significant advances made in the field of animal genetics in the ten years since the first edition of Genetics of the Dog, this new edition of the successful 2001 book provides a comprehensive update on the subject, along with new material on topics of current and growing interest. Existing chapters on essential topics such as immunogenetics, genetics of diseases, developmental genetics and the genetics of behaviour have been fully updated, while new authors report on the latest advances in areas such as genetic diversity of dog breeds, canine genomics, olfactory genetics and cancer genetics.
Audience: College/higher education , Professional and scholarly , Professional & Vocational , A / AS level , Further / Higher Education
1. Canid phylogeny and the origin of the domestic dog; 2. Experimental studies of early canid domestication; 3. Genetic diversity and phylogenetic relationships of dog breeds; 4. Molecular genetics of coat colour, texture and length; 5. Mendelian traits in the dog; 6. Immunogenetics; 7. Genetic aspects of orthopaedic disorders in the dog; 8. Genetics of cancer in dogs; 9. Genetics of neurological disease in the dog; 10. Genetics of eye disorders in the dog; 11. Cytogenetics and chromosome maps; 12. Canine genomics; 13. Genetics of canine behavioural disorders; 14. Biology of reproduction and modern reproductive technology; 15. Developmental genetics; 16. Genetics of morphological traits; 17. Olfactory genetics; 18. Pedigree analysis, genotype testing and genetic counselling; 19. Genetics of quantitative traits and improvement of dog breeds; 20. Complex traits; 21. Canine model in medical genetics; 22. Genetic aspects of performance in working dogs; 23. Genetic nomenclature.
Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology
Edited by: Richard Seewald, PhD, Anne Marie Tharpe, PhD
DETAILS 852 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Hardcover, 8.5 x 11" N/A ISBN10: 1-59756-245-9 ISBN13: 978-1-59756-245-4
2010 - 833 pages - No preview
The Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology is the most wide-ranging and complete work of its kind in the specialty area of pediatric audiology. It covers knowledge areas and the literature requisite to the provision of the full range of quality, comprehensive pediatric audiologic services to children from the neonatal period through school-age. The Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology will become the definitive reference in pediatric audiology, containing contributions from 50 internationally recognized experts in the field. The Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology is intended for use in doctoral-level education programs in audiology or hearing science, as well as to serve as an in-depth reference source for practicing audiologists and other professionals, educators, scientists, and policy makers seeking current and definitive information on evidence-based pediatric audiology practice.
- Chapter 1 Hearing Development: Embryology of the Ear (Mark Hill)
Early Human Development
Mark Anthony Hill Early human development. Clin Obstet Gynecol: 2007, 50(1);2-9 PubMed 17304021
|Placenta - Villi Development and Placenta - Histology.|
Historic Embryology - To Do
- The Embryology Anatomy and Histology of the Eye (1906) Text requires correction and Anatomy and Histology images still need to be added.
- Manual of Human Embryology (1910) Images still need to be added.
- A Laboratory Manual and Text-book of Embryology (1918) Text to be added and edited.
10 Most Recent SOMS Papers
Note - This sub-heading shows an automated computer PubMed search using the listed sub-heading term. References appear in this list based upon the date of the actual page viewing. Therefore the list of references do not reflect any editorial selection of material based on content or relevance. In comparison, references listed on the content page and discussion page (under the publication year sub-headings) do include editorial selection based upon relevance and availability. (More? Pubmed Most Recent)
Chong Zhou, John D Gilbert, Andrea Yool, Roger W Byard Basal epithelial formalin pigment deposition in the kidneys--a useful marker for ketoacidosis at autopsy. J Forensic Leg Med: 2013, 20(4);305-7 PubMed 23622479
B Cameron, S Galbraith, H Li, A Lloyd, HITS investigators Correlates and characteristics of hepatitis C virus-specific T-cell immunity in exposed uninfected high-risk prison inmates. J. Viral Hepat.: 2013, 20(4);e96-106 PubMed 23490396
Danielle Kamato, Micah L Burch, Narin Osman, Wenhua Zheng, Peter J Little Therapeutic implications of endothelin and thrombin G-protein-coupled receptor transactivation of tyrosine and serine/threonine kinase cell surface receptors. J. Pharm. Pharmacol.: 2013, 65(4);465-73 PubMed 23488775
Stephen C Lane, Stephen R Bird, Louise M Burke, John A Hawley Effect of a carbohydrate mouth rinse on simulated cycling time-trial performance commenced in a fed or fasted state. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab: 2013, 38(2);134-9 PubMed 23438223
Roger W Byard Lethal fish hook attachment - An unusual occurrence. J Forensic Leg Med: 2013, 20(2);117-8 PubMed 23357398
Roger W Byard Diphtheria - 'The strangling angel' of children. J Forensic Leg Med: 2013, 20(2);65-8 PubMed 23357389
Paul B Tawadros, Dennis Cordato, Ian Cathers, John A Burne An electromyographic study of parkinsonian swallowing and its response to levodopa. Mov. Disord.: 2012, 27(14);1811-5 PubMed 23283656
Adam A Galle, Nicole M Jones The neuroprotective actions of hypoxic preconditioning and postconditioning in a neonatal rat model of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. Brain Res.: 2013, 1498;1-8 PubMed 23274537
Veronica I Antas, Mohammad A Al-Drees, Alexander J A Prudence, Daisuke Sugiyama, Stuart T Fraser Hemogenic endothelium: a vessel for blood production. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol.: 2013, 45(3);692-5 PubMed 23270729
Peter Gunning BioArchitecture: the organization and regulation of biological space. Bioarchitecture: 2012, 2(6);200-3 PubMed 23267413