This page links to sample embryology images that have been digitised to a new format that allows the viewer to both zoom and move the image on the screen as you would with an online map programs and online virtual slides. These images have also been optimised and formatted for viewing on all mobile devices.
UNSW Students please note these are not the Histology and Pathology Virtual Slide Set (located here).
- Embryo Virtual Slide Links: Embryo | Electron Microscopy | Historic | Permalinks Help
The collapsed tables below show controls and navigation for viewing on different platforms.
- Simple zoom in (+) and zoom out (-) control (shown at the top left of each image).
- Mobile devices can also just double tap the screen to zoom.
|| Image Controls (shown at the top left of each image)
- Desktop version, click on either the thumbnail image below or the image label to open the new image.
- The image controls are located at the top left, or zoom can be controlled by double clicking or with mouse wheel.
- Use the browser back button to return to this page.
Permalink (shown at the bottom right of each image) Allows a permanent link to be created to the current image view. (More? how to use Permalink)
- Opens the Preview version of the original online image file (scaled for preview).
- Click the Preview Image to open the full size image (Note, this may be a large file, image can also be zoomed on mobile and desktop devices).
- The Virtual Slide should also be available in the summary information shown below the image.
Want to make your own link to a specific part of a virtual slide? Read how to use Permalink.
| Technical Note
| Both the Mobile and Desktop links appear as external links as the image files are located outside the Wiki database.
When you have opened a Virtual Slide, you can use your browser back button to return to this current page.
|| These are high resolution histological sections (Stain - Haematoxylin Eosin) through regions of the Stage 22 human embryo from the serial section set. Image bottom is dorsal and top is ventral, sections are viewing the embryo from below.
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2018, September 25) Embryology Embryo Virtual Slides. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Embryo_Virtual_Slides
- What Links Here?
- © Dr Mark Hill 2018, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G