Page Notice - Mark Hill
This online page is currently only a template placeholder and when updated this notice is removed.
UNSW Histology slide collections have been scanned and digitised and available online as Virtual Slides (requires login). Slides were scanned with a variety of commercial scanners. For example, within the HMU using an Aperio ScanScope XT allowing an image capture resolution at 20x magnification of 0.50 µm/pixel and at 40x magnification of 0.25 µm/pixel.
- Tiff (.tif), jpg and jpg2000
- Hamamatsu (.ndpi)
- Aperio (.svs)
- Zeiss (.mrxs)
Example - virtual slide 5 x 10 mm of tissue scanned at x40 magnification generates a file size about 1GB.
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name. Links to any external commercial sites are provided for information purposes only and should never be considered an endorsement. UNSW Embryology is provided as an educational resource with no clinical information or commercial affiliation.
- UNSW SOMS HMU | HMU Digital Slide Scanning | eSlide Manager
- Virtual Slidebox
- Openslide | Demo
- Aperio | Aperio ScanScope XT | iPad Viewer
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2020, May 31) Embryology Digital Histology. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Digital_Histology
- © Dr Mark Hill 2020, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G