Abnormal Development - Maternal Obesity
|Embryology - 14 Nov 2018 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
|Educational Use Only - Embryology is an educational resource for learning concepts in embryological development, no clinical information is provided and content should not be used for any other purpose.|
Some Recent Findings
|More recent papers|
This table shows an automated computer PubMed search using the listed sub-heading term.
References listed on the rest of the content page and the associated discussion page (listed under the publication year sub-headings) do include some editorial selection based upon both relevance and availability.
Padma Kaul, Samantha L Bowker, Anamaria Savu, Roseanne O Yeung, Lois E Donovan, Edmond A Ryan Association between maternal diabetes, being large for gestational age and breast-feeding on being overweight or obese in childhood. Diabetologia: 2018; PubMed 30421138
Meredith H Rose, Randi Streisand, Laura Aronow, Carrie Tully, Corby K Martin, Eleanor Mackey Preliminary Feasibility and Acceptability of the Remote Food Photography Method for Assessing Nutrition in Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes. Clin Pract Pediatr Psychol: 2018, 6(3);270-277 PubMed 30420940
Carmen Monthé-Drèze, Sheryl L Rifas-Shiman, Diane R Gold, Emily Oken, Sen Sarbattama Maternal obesity and offspring cognition: the role of inflammation. Pediatr. Res.: 2018; PubMed 30420706
L Jiang, S Q Yan, M L Geng, C L Gu, K Huang, H Cao, X Y Wu, F B Tao [The associations between nighttime sleep duration, bedtime and preschool children's obesity]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi: 2018, 52(11);1146-1151 PubMed 30419699
Sarah E Carsley, Laura N Anderson, Lesley Plumptre, Patricia C Parkin, Jonathon L Maguire, Catherine S Birken Severe Obesity, Obesity, and Cardiometabolic Risk in Children 0 to 6 Years of Age. Child Obes: 2017, 13(5);415-424 PubMed 30418801
- Wojcicki JM. (2014). The double burden household in sub-Saharan Africa: maternal overweight and obesity and childhood undernutrition from the year 2000: results from World Health Organization Data (WHO) and Demographic Health Surveys (DHS). BMC Public Health , 14, 1124. PMID: 25361562 DOI.
- Persson M, Johansson S, Villamor E & Cnattingius S. (2014). Maternal overweight and obesity and risks of severe birth-asphyxia-related complications in term infants: a population-based cohort study in Sweden. PLoS Med. , 11, e1001648. PMID: 24845218 DOI.
- Cnattingius S, Villamor E, Johansson S, Edstedt Bonamy AK, Persson M, Wikström AK & Granath F. (2013). Maternal obesity and risk of preterm delivery. JAMA , 309, 2362-70. PMID: 23757084 DOI.
Kathleen M Rasmussen and Ann L Yaktine. Weight Gain During Pregnancy Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2009. ISBN-13: 978-0-309-13113-1 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK32813
Search Pubmed: Maternal Obesity
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name. Links to any external commercial sites are provided for information purposes only and should never be considered an endorsement. UNSW Embryology is provided as an educational resource with no clinical information or commercial affiliation.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee Opinion - Weight Gain During Pregnancy (January 2013)
- Overseas Development Institute (UK) Future Diets
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2018, November 14) Embryology Abnormal Development - Maternal Obesity. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Abnormal_Development_-_Maternal_Obesity
- © Dr Mark Hill 2018, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G