Abnormal Development - Maternal Obesity
|Embryology - 21 Oct 2017 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
|Educational Use Only - Embryology is an educational resource for learning concepts in embryological development, no clinical information is provided and content should not be used for any other purpose.|
Some Recent Findings
|More recent papers|
This table shows an automated computer PubMed search using the listed sub-heading term.
References listed on the rest of the content page and the associated discussion page (listed under the publication year sub-headings) do include some editorial selection based upon both relevance and availability.
Susanne Lager, Vanessa I Ramirez, Ometeotl Acosta, Christiane Meireles, Evelyn Miller, Francesca Gaccioli, Fredrick J Rosario, Jonathan A L Gelfond, Kevin Hakala, Susan T Weintraub, Debra A Krummel, Theresa L Powell Docosahexaenoic Acid Supplementation in Pregnancy Modulates Placental Cellular Signaling and Nutrient Transport Capacity in Obese Women. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.: 2017; PubMed 29053802
William Thorland, Dustin Currie, Claire Colangelo Status of High Body Weight Among Nurse-Family Partnership Children. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs: 2017, 42(6);352-357 PubMed 29049059
Fernando D Martinez, Stefano Guerra Early Origins of Asthma: Role of Microbial Dysbiosis and Metabolic Dysfunction. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med.: 2017; PubMed 29048927
S Raghavan, W Zhang, I V Yang, L A Lange, E M Lange, T E Fingerlin, D Dabelea Association between gestational diabetes mellitus exposure and childhood adiposity is not substantially explained by offspring genetic risk of obesity. Diabet. Med.: 2017; PubMed 29048747
Wei Wei, Judith R Shary, Elizabeth Garrett-Mayer, Betsy Anderson, Nina E Forestieri, Bruce W Hollis, Carol L Wagner Bone mineral density during pregnancy in women participating in a randomized controlled trial of vitamin D supplementation. Am. J. Clin. Nutr.: 2017; PubMed 29046301
- Janet M Wojcicki The double burden household in sub-Saharan Africa: maternal overweight and obesity and childhood undernutrition from the year 2000: results from World Health Organization Data (WHO) and Demographic Health Surveys (DHS). BMC Public Health: 2014, 14(1);1124 PubMed 25361562 | BMC Public Health.
- Maternal overweight and obesity in early pregnancy and risk of infant mortality: a population based cohort study in Sweden doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g6572 (Published 02 December 2014)
- Martina Persson, Stefan Johansson, Eduardo Villamor, Sven Cnattingius Maternal overweight and obesity and risks of severe birth-asphyxia-related complications in term infants: a population-based cohort study in Sweden. PLoS Med.: 2014, 11(5);e1001648 PubMed 24845218
- Sven Cnattingius, Eduardo Villamor, Stefan Johansson, Anna-Karin Edstedt Bonamy, Martina Persson, Anna-Karin Wikström, Fredrik Granath Maternal obesity and risk of preterm delivery. JAMA: 2013, 309(22);2362-70 PubMed 23757084
Kathleen M Rasmussen and Ann L Yaktine. Weight Gain During Pregnancy Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2009. ISBN-13: 978-0-309-13113-1 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK32813
Search Pubmed: Maternal Obesity
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name. Links to any external commercial sites are provided for information purposes only and should never be considered an endorsement. UNSW Embryology is provided as an educational resource with no clinical information or commercial affiliation.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee Opinion - Weight Gain During Pregnancy (January 2013)
- Overseas Development Institute (UK) Future Diets
- A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. 2017 Embryology Abnormal Development - Maternal Obesity. Retrieved October 21, 2017, from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Abnormal_Development_-_Maternal_Obesity
- © Dr Mark Hill 2017, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G