The Embryology pages and media listed below relate to mouse embryonic day 18 E18 of development. This staging by "days" relate to in the female presence of a vaginal plug indicating that the mating occurred, see timed pregnancy. This mouse date corresponds to the human fetal period of development.
- Mouse Stages: E1 | E2.5 | E3.0 | E3.5 | E4.5 | E5.0 | E5.5 | E6.0 | E7.0 | E7.5 | E8.0 | E8.5 | E9.0 | E9.5 | E10 | E10.5 | E11 | E11.5 | E12 | E12.5 | E13 | E13.5 | E14 | E14.5 | E15 | E15.5 | E16 | E16.5 | E17 | E17.5 | E18 | E18.5 | E19 | E20 | Timeline | About timed pregnancy
|Note these Carnegie stages are only approximate day timings for average of embryos. Links: Carnegie Stage Comparison|
|Timeline Links: human timeline | mouse timeline | mouse detailed timeline | chicken timeline | rat timeline | Medaka | Category:Timeline|
- tooth - molar m1 bell stage and m2 early bell stage (no central fissure), and m3 is visible.
- Hair Development - a tertiary wave of hair follicle placode induction takes place following the secondary (E16) and primary (E14) waves.
- Radlanski RJ, Renz H, Zimmermann CA, Mey R & Matalova E. (2015). Morphogenesis of the compartmentalizing bone around the molar primordia in the mouse mandible during dental developmental stages between lamina, bell-stage, and root formation (E13-P20). Ann. Anat. , 200, 1-14. PMID: 25723515 DOI.
- Duverger O & Morasso MI. (2009). Epidermal patterning and induction of different hair types during mouse embryonic development. Birth Defects Res. C Embryo Today , 87, 263-72. PMID: 19750518 DOI.
- Peters EM, Botchkarev VA, Müller-Röver S, Moll I, Rice FL & Paus R. (2002). Developmental timing of hair follicle and dorsal skin innervation in mice. J. Comp. Neurol. , 448, 28-52. PMID: 12012374 DOI.
Search Pubmed: Mouse E18
Pages in category ‘Mouse E18’
This category contains only the following page.