Embryo with Placental Membranes
- amniotic sac - formed by the amniotic membrane (ectoderm and extra-embryonic mesoderm) completely surrounding the surrounding the embryo.
- yolk sac - the yolk membrane (endoderm and extra-embryonic mesoderm) attached to the embryo at the umbilicus and continuous with the midgut.
- chorionic cavity - membrane (extra-embryonic mesoderm) has been removed but is represented by the black space outside the amniotic and yolk sac and part of the remaining chorionic villi region, labeled with placental vessels.
Image Source: UNSW Embryology, no reproduction without permission.
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, June 15) Embryology Placental membranes.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Placental_membranes.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||23:36, 16 August 2009||600 × 450 (99 KB)||S8600021||Image Source: UNSW Embryology, no reproduction without permission. PlMembraneW600.jpg http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/Notes/images/placenta/plMembraneW600.jpg|
- You cannot overwrite this file.