ANAT2241 Respiratory System
|ANAT2241 This practical support page content is not part of the virtual science practical class and provides additional information for student self-directed learning purposes. 2018 - Moodle ANAT2241 | Virtual slides|
To know the histological and cytological components of the conducting and respiratory portions of the respiratory system.
- To know the cytology of the mucosa of the nasal cavity and upper respiratory tract.
- To know the structure of the trachea and extrapulmonary bronchi.
- To know the microanatomy of the lung and histological features of intrapulmonary bronchi, bronchioles, terminal bronchioles and respiratory bronchioles.
- To know alveolar ducts and alveoli, and the ultrastructure of their walls.
- To know the structure and ultrastructure of olfactory epithelium.
Examine the following virtual slides, and in your course manual identify, draw and label the following structures and note their function:
Virtual Slides: Respiratory System
|Nasal respiratory epithelium (inferior concha)||Nasal respiratory epithelium (detail)|
|Nasal cavity olfactory||Nasal cavity olfactory (detail)|
Virtual Slide - Larynx (annotated)
|Alveolar Duct||Alveoli||Alveoli Elastin||Lung Reticular Fibres|
- Respiratory Histology: Bronchiole | Alveolar Duct | Alveoli | Alveoli Elastin | Trachea 1 | Trachea 2 | labeled lung | unlabeled lung | Respiratory Bronchiole | Lung Reticular Fibres | Nasal Inferior Concha | Nasal Respiratory Epithelium | Olfactory Region overview | Olfactory Region Epithelium | Histology Stains
- Fetal Respiratory: late canalicular | unlabeled late canalicular | Hyaline cartilage | Respiratory Histology
- Histology Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ANAT2241 Support | Histology | Histology Stains | Embryology Glossary
|Common Histology Stains|
- Pages require student zpass to access.
The Virtual Microscope | Covering and Lining Epithelia | Glandular Epithelia | Connective Tissue Components | Connective Tissue Types | Bone, Bone Formation and Joints | Blood | Muscle Tissue | Nervous Tissue | Cardiovascular System | Respiratory System | Integumentary System (skin) | Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreas | Gastro-Intestinal System I | Gastro-Intestinal System II | Lymphatic Tissue and Immune System | Endocrine System | Urinary System | Female Reproductive System | Male Reproductive System | Special Sense Organ: The Eye
- Pages can be accessed from any internet connected computer.
ANAT2241 Support Links: The Virtual Microscope | Covering and Lining Epithelia | Glandular Epithelia | CT Components | CT Types | Bone, Bone Formation and Joints | Blood | Muscle | Nervous | Cardiovascular | Respiratory | Integumentary | GIT Organs | GIT 1 | GIT 2 | Lymphatic and Immune | Endocrine | Urinary | Female Reproductive | Male Reproductive | Eye | Histology Stains | Histology Drawings | Practicals Health and Safety 2013 | Moodle - 2018
ANAT2241 This practical support page content is not part of the science practical class and provides only background information for student self-directed learning purposes.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2018, November 14) Embryology ANAT2241 Respiratory System. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/ANAT2241_Respiratory_System
- © Dr Mark Hill 2018, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G