ANAT2241 Endocrine System
|ANAT2241 This practical support page content is not part of the virtual science practical class and provides additional information for student self-directed learning purposes. 2018 - Moodle ANAT2241 | Virtual slides|
To know the histological and cytological features and hormones of the endocrine glands.
- To know the structure of the thyroid and parathyroid glands and the hormones secreted.
- To know the histology of the adrenal cortex and medulla and the hormones secreted by each section.
- To understand the close relationship between the hypothalamus and the pituitary.
- To know the parts of the hypophysis (pituitary). To identify chromophil (acidophil, basophil) and chromophobe cell types of the pars distalis and the hormones associated with each group of cells. To describe the structure of the neurohypophysis and the process of neurosecretion.
- To know the histology of pancreatic islet cells and their hormonal secretions.
Examine the following virtual slides, identify draw and label the following structures. Note the hormone secreted by the various structures and their major function.
Virtual Slides: Endocrine System
- Pituitary Histology: Pituitary overview | Anterior H&E | Anterior H&E | Anterior labeled | PAS/O Overview | Acidophils | Basophils | Posterior labeled | Posterior unlabeled | Histology Stains | BGD - Endocrine Histology | Pituitary Development
- Thyroid Links: low power image | high power image | unlabeled human image | unlabeled sheep image | Thyroid Development
- Histology Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ANAT2241 Support | Histology | Histology Stains | Embryology Glossary
|Common Histology Stains|
- Pages require student zpass to access.
The Virtual Microscope | Covering and Lining Epithelia | Glandular Epithelia | Connective Tissue Components | Connective Tissue Types | Bone, Bone Formation and Joints | Blood | Muscle Tissue | Nervous Tissue | Cardiovascular System | Respiratory System | Integumentary System (skin) | Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreas | Gastro-Intestinal System I | Gastro-Intestinal System II | Lymphatic Tissue and Immune System | Endocrine System | Urinary System | Female Reproductive System | Male Reproductive System | Special Sense Organ: The Eye
- Pages can be accessed from any internet connected computer.
ANAT2241 Support Links: The Virtual Microscope | Covering and Lining Epithelia | Glandular Epithelia | CT Components | CT Types | Bone, Bone Formation and Joints | Blood | Muscle | Nervous | Cardiovascular | Respiratory | Integumentary | GIT Organs | GIT 1 | GIT 2 | Lymphatic and Immune | Endocrine | Urinary | Female Reproductive | Male Reproductive | Eye | Histology Stains | Histology Drawings | Practicals Health and Safety 2013 | Moodle - 2018
ANAT2241 This practical support page content is not part of the science practical class and provides only background information for student self-directed learning purposes.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, January 15) Embryology ANAT2241 Endocrine System. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/ANAT2241_Endocrine_System
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G