ANAT2241 Connective Tissue Components
|ANAT2241 This practical support page content is not part of the virtual science practical class and provides additional information for student self-directed learning purposes. 2018 - Moodle ANAT2241 | Virtual slides|
- 1 General Objective
- 2 Learning Activities
- 3 Mesentery
- 4 Reticular Fibres
- 5 Elastic Fibres
- 6 Adipose Tissue
- 7 Cartilage
- 8 Course Links
To recognise various components of connective tissue and understand their functions.
- To understand the structure and functions of the cell types found in connective tissues: fibroblasts and fibrocytes, macrophages, plasma cells, mast cells, lymphocytes.
- To understand the connective tissue fiber constitution and function of reticular, elastic, areolar or loose fibrous tissue and dense fibrous tissue.
- To recognise the different types of general connective tissue, loose, dense irregular, dense regular.
- To understand the origin of tissue fluid and intercellular ground substance.
Examine the following virtual slides and identify, draw & label features and note their function.
Loose irregular connective tissue
|Low Power view||High Power view|
Extracellular Matrix - collagen fibres, elastic fibres
Cells - fibroblasts, mast cells
Silver stain for reticular fibres.
Upper image shows the liver macrophages (Kupffer cells)
Lower image shows the distribution of reticular fibres within the liver.
Skin elastic fibres and collagen bundles.
Elastic cartilage (elastin stain)
- Histology Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ANAT2241 Support | Histology | Histology Stains | Embryology Glossary
|Common Histology Stains|
- Pages require student zpass to access.
The Virtual Microscope | Covering and Lining Epithelia | Glandular Epithelia | Connective Tissue Components | Connective Tissue Types | Bone, Bone Formation and Joints | Blood | Muscle Tissue | Nervous Tissue | Cardiovascular System | Respiratory System | Integumentary System (skin) | Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreas | Gastro-Intestinal System I | Gastro-Intestinal System II | Lymphatic Tissue and Immune System | Endocrine System | Urinary System | Female Reproductive System | Male Reproductive System | Special Sense Organ: The Eye
- Pages can be accessed from any internet connected computer.
ANAT2241 Support Links: The Virtual Microscope | Covering and Lining Epithelia | Glandular Epithelia | CT Components | CT Types | Bone, Bone Formation and Joints | Blood | Muscle | Nervous | Cardiovascular | Respiratory | Integumentary | GIT Organs | GIT 1 | GIT 2 | Lymphatic and Immune | Endocrine | Urinary | Female Reproductive | Male Reproductive | Eye | Histology Stains | Histology Drawings | Practicals Health and Safety 2013 | Moodle - 2018
ANAT2241 This practical support page content is not part of the science practical class and provides only background information for student self-directed learning purposes.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2018, June 21) Embryology ANAT2241 Connective Tissue Components. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/ANAT2241_Connective_Tissue_Components
- © Dr Mark Hill 2018, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G