|<html5media height="520" width="490">File:Stomach rotation 01.mp4</html5media>
Click Here to play on mobile device
This animation shows a general overview of stomach growth and its rotation during development. (animation does not show second rotation)
- week 4 - forget inferior to transverse septum proliferates (expands), forms fusiform structure (Latin, spindle).
- week 5 - dorsal wall grows rapidly (greater curvature), bends tube ventrally (90 degrees)
- week 7 and 8 - dorsal mesentery growth, rotates stomach laterally (90 degrees) greater curvature to left, lesser curvature to right
- red - mesenteries ventral (front) dorsal (back)
- dorsal mesentery associated with stomach greater curvature
- blue - left and right vagal nerve branches.
Links: MP4 version | Stomach Development | Gastrointestinal Tract Development
Glossary Links: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Movies
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2023, December 4) Embryology Stomach Rotation Movie. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Stomach_Rotation_Movie
- What Links Here?
- © Dr Mark Hill 2023, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G