Mouse embryo, Theiler stage 21.
Theiler Stage 21
Anterior footplate indented, marked pinna
- The distal borders of the anterior and posterior footplates are now indented and the digit widths and locations can be discerned.
- The 'elbow' and 'wrist' are now identifiable.
- The pinna rapidly develops and forms a crest at right angles to the head.
- Five rows of vibrissae are visible as well as a prominant hair follicle over the eye and another over the ear.
- The lens vesicle has lost its lumen.
- The physiological umbilical hernia is prominent. Absent: hair follicles, distally separate fingers.
- Embryonic age = 13 dpc (range 12.5-14)
- 52-55 somite pairs
- Equivalent Witschi Stage in rat = 29-30
- Equivalent Carnegie Stage in humans = 18-19
- Links: MP4 version | Movies | Computed Tomography | mouse
Metscher BD. (2009). MicroCT for comparative morphology: simple staining methods allow high-contrast 3D imaging of diverse non-mineralized animal tissues. BMC Physiol. , 9, 11. PMID: 19545439 DOI.
© 2009 Metscher; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2020, May 31) Embryology Mouse E13 microCT Movie. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Mouse_E13_microCT_Movie
- What Links Here?
- © Dr Mark Hill 2020, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G