ANAT2511 Urinary System
|ANAT2511 Fundamentals of Anatomy This histology practical support page content is not part of the histology practical class and provides only background information for student self-directed learning purposes. Histology lecturer notice.|
To know the anatomical and histological structure of the kidney, ureter, urinary bladder, and urethra.
- Reading: Human Anatomy, Marieb et al., 6th ed., The Urinary System (Histology information)
- Virtual Slides: Urinary System Histology
The urinary system anatomy comprise the:
- kidneys - (2) that secrete the urine.
- ureters - (2) that convey urine to the urinary bladder.
- urinary bladder - (1) where urine is for a time retained.
- urethra - (1) through which urine is discharged from the body.
Location of kidney (retroperitoneal)
Structure of the functional unit of the kidney (nephron)
Urinary bladder lining epithelium (transitional epithelium)
- Histology Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ANAT2241 Support | Histology | Histology Stains | Embryology Glossary
- Pages require student zpass to access.
ANAT2511 | Virtual Microscopy, Cells and Types of Tissue | Selected Basic Tissues | Histology of Bone and Joints | Histology of Muscle | Histology of Nervous Tissue | Integumentary System | Circulatory System Histology | Respiratory System Histology | GIT Histology | Urinary System Histology
- Pages can be accessed from any internet connected computer.
ANAT2511: Practical 1 Introduction to Histology | Practical 3 Basic Tissues | ￼Practical 5 Bones and Joints | ￼Practical 7 Muscle Tissue | ￼Practical 9 Nervous Tissue | ￼Practical 11 Integumentary (Skin) System | ￼Practical 13 Circulatory System | ￼Practical 15 Respiratory System | Practical 17 Gastro‐intestinal Tract, Liver and Gallbladder | ￼Practical 19 Urinary System | Histology Drawings