School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052 AUSTRALIA
- 1 Shortcuts
- 2 Current Site Links
- 3 SOMS Wiki
- 4 Cell Biology Wiki
- 5 Student Online Work
- 6 Collaborative Online Work
- 7 myGRN: a database and visualisation system for the storage and analysis of developmental genetic regulatory networks
- 8 Learning How to Use
- 9 Mediawiki
- 10 Extensions - under test
- 11 Flash
- 12 Quicktime
- 13 Referencing
- 14 Glossary Links
- Wiki setup - page to place background information about how the current site has been set up and operates.
- Special:NewFiles - recent images and files (PDF, Word, mov, mp3) added as thumbnails, see also List New Files
- Templates - site templates.
- Special:Categories - current site category list. File:Embryology Categories.doc
- Category:Quiz | ANAT2341 Quiz 09 - simple quizzes used in some classes.
- MediaWiki:Sidebar - edit the sidebar.
- Special:AllPages - as it says, all the pages in this project.
- Site Map - new site. (Site map 2004 map links to the original internet pages).
- Cardiac_Embryology - ILP Project.
- Font colours - table of different font colours available for wiki pages.
Current Site Links
- embryology http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php?title=Main_Page
- cellbiology http://php.med.unsw.edu.au/cellbiology/index.php?title=Main_Page
- somswiki http://php.med.unsw.edu.au/somswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Cell Biology Wiki
Student Online Work
- ANAT3231 Cell Biology Projects 2009
- ANAT2341 Embryology Projects 2009
- Independent Learning Projects | ILP Cardiac Embryology Background | Cardiac Embryology Project | Neural Project | Delirium Catalogue
Collaborative Online Work
- Embryology 10 Stem Cells Lab - Antonio Lee
- Embryology 7 Muscle Lab - Steve Palmer
- Cell Biology Lab - Cytoskeletal Exercise - Thomas Fath
- Anatomy 2009 AE Practical Classes - Ken Ashwell
- Cardiac Embryology - 2009 ILP Project
myGRN: a database and visualisation system for the storage and analysis of developmental genetic regulatory networks
- myGRN: a database and visualisation system for the storage and analysis of developmental genetic regulatory networks
Learning How to Use
- Embryology Editing Basics
- Cell Biology Editing Basics
- Wiki 1 page Refcard PDF
- Open Office is a free office suite that includes a word processor that can export documents in Wiki format. Using Open Office
- Help for editors
- Online Generate Mediawiki table code.
- See also the information about reference sources and reuse.
Extension Matrix The Extension Matrix provides an overview of the extensions available to be added on this site.
- LDAP Authentication Mac/PC tested OK
- Quiz Mac/PC tested OK
- CategoryTree Mac/PC tested OK
- Quicktime Mac/PC tested OK; Browser problem - Safari, Firefox tested OK, IE width height does not format correctly.
Extensions - under test
- The WikiArticleFeeds Extension is a MediaWiki extension for converting regular wiki articles into RSS and Atom feeds. Note: This is pretty much the polar opposite of XFeed
- Extension:XFeed - RSS Feed Aggregator
- Allow adding of RSS feeds to Wiki page. could use for journals which feed new articles.
- ProcessCite Installed earlier, but problem with PubMed access, need to have some proxy to work. Contacted extension writer who did not resolve issue. Would like to get this working for referencing to work off PMID. --Mark Hill 10:17, 2 September 2009 (EST)
- Calendar - installed here, but not currently used. Active on SOMS Wiki for biohood booking.
- Extension:Hierarchical Namespace Permissions
- RSS, RSSNews need to set up additional extension
- Flash Video play (FLV) using flowplayer. Installed but not configured correctly. --Mark Hill 08:17, 2 October 2009 (EST)
- PDFwriter - to generate hardcopy compilations of course lecture notes.
Originally used the Flowplayer extension. Did not seem to be able to place more than one movie on a page with this extension.
Now testing the MediaWiki FLV Player. http://paulgu.com/wiki/FLV_Player
The following are default parameters, they can be overwritten through syntax <wikiflv></wikiflv>.
whatever.flv|whatever.png width="320" height="180" position="none" autostart="true" logo="true" autostart="false" volume="100" repeat="false"
Unfortunately will not work on all platforms. I have used Flash instead until a movie format compatible with all platforms is found.
Size/Width attributes don't hold up in Internet Explorer (6 or 7); Video doesn't play-on-click in Google Chrome
- width=px or % (Modify the width of the object)
- height=px or a% (Modify the height of the object)
- autoplay=true/false (Start playing the file or wait at first frame, default:true)
- controller=true/false (Show the controller, default:true)
- name (object-specific)
- id (embed-specific)
- src (embed-specific)
There are several referencing solutions and I like the PMID link version as it requires no student formatting. I would also like a local copy of some key references, in particular for recent findings sections of notes, with its own page based on PMID and then we have the whole PMC ID issue.
Annotation of the reference?
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, May 25) Embryology S8600021. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/User:S8600021
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G