File:Stage 13 image 098.jpg
G7L Image Features
- Heart showing both ventricles (and ventricular septum) and a single atria in this section.
- Aortic sac lying ventral to the hypopharyngeal eminence.
- Ductus venosus large cavity within the liver.
- Truncus arteriosus above heart.
- Dorsal aorta with intersegmental artery branches lying ventral to developing vertebral column.
- Rathke's pouch.
- Floor of pharynx with foramen caecum (remains of thyroglossal duct), and caudally to it, the hypopharyngeal eminence.
- Caudal pharynx (extending laterally, ventral to dorsal aorta - compare with B4).
- Stomach and lesser sac in mesentery.
- Triangular flange of mesentery with triangular hole and intervitelline anastomosis.
- Hindgut (without lumen) seen at caudal end of mesentery.
- dark masses of dorsal root ganglia.
- dorsal aorta with its dorsal segmental arterial branches.
- Between each dorsal segmental artery is a darker-staining mass of mesenchyme (the dark part of a sclerotome) which is the primordia of the intervertebral disc.
- The dorsal segmental artery itself marks the location of the centre of the light-staining part of the sclerotome, which is the future vertebral body.
- The dark band dorsal to the sclerotomes is the basal lamina of the wall of the neural tube.
- First identify the cerebral vesicles and flexures in this sagittal section.
- Identify the forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain.
- The roof of the hindbrain is thin (roofplate formed by a membrane only).
- Identify the dorsal root ganglia.
- At the lower end of the embryo the section passes through the spinal cord.
- large mesonephros lying ventral to dorsal aorta.
- Left lungbud caudal to left atrium with attachment of pulmonary mesenchyme to septum transversum.
Original File name: PigG7L.jpg http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/wwwpig/pigg/G7L.htm
|System Links: Introduction | Cardiovascular | Coelomic Cavity | Endocrine | Gastrointestinal Tract | Genital | Head | Immune | Integumentary | Musculoskeletal | Neural | Neural Crest | Placenta | Renal | Respiratory | Sensory | Birth|
About Stage 13 Embryo Sections - This image is from a serial section of a 6mm CRL pig embryo with some features of the Stage 14 embryo. This embryo is approximately equal to the day 42 human embryo. Use these serial images to identify internal features and relationships that exist within the embryo at this stage. Then compare these images with the later features of the Carnegie stage 22 human embryo.
|Stage 13 Serial unlabeled images||Embryo Stage 13 Serial labeled images|
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, January 19) Embryology Stage 13 image 098.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Stage_13_image_098.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:08, 10 August 2010||1,000 × 623 (144 KB)||S8600021||==Stage 13== ==Image Features== ===Gastrointestinal Development=== Stomach and lesser sac in mesentery. Triangular flange of mesentery with triangular hole and intervitelline anastomosis. Hindgut (without lumen) seen at caudal end of mesentery. ===Neur|
- You cannot overwrite this file.