Stage22_HPA2L.jpg (603 × 399 pixels, file size: 82 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Human Embryo Carnegie stage 22
- Section through the head/brain region of the developing cortex.
- Small region from entire cross-section of the stage 22 embryo head shown in high power.
- Ventricular layer (stem cells) proliferate.
- Differentiating cells migrate away from ventricular layer.
- migrate along radial glial cells.
- Migrating cells stop at the region where the cortex will form.
- Cells are layered from the inside outwards.
- all layers between ventricular and developing cortex are only developmental structures.
- Neurons are formed first, glia are formed later.
- Adult - ventricular layer lines the ventricles and appears to still contain some neural stem cells.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||16:22, 10 August 2009||603 × 399 (82 KB)||MarkHill||Original File name: HUMHPA2L.GIF|
- You cannot overwrite this file.