FASface.jpg (320 × 272 pixels, file size: 8 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Facial Appearance of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
Some, or all, of the following facial features are associated with (FAS)
- Microcephaly - leads to small head circumference
- Palpebral fissure - short opening of eye
- Epicanthal folds - fold of skin at inside of corner of eye
- Midface - flat
- Nasal Bridge - low
- Philtrum - Indistinct, vertical grooves between nose and mouth
- Upper Lip - thin
- Micrognathia - small jaw
- Ears - curve at top part of outer ear is underdeveloped and folded over parallel to curve beneath. Gives the appearance of a "railroad track"
Image source: modified from Wattendorf DJ, 2005
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||00:10, 14 May 2009||320 × 272 (8 KB)||MarkHill||Facial Appearance of FAS Some, or all, of the following facial features are associated with FAS * Microcephaly - leads to small head circumference * Palpebral fissure - short opening of eye * Epicanthal folds - fold of skin at inside of corner of eye * M|
- You cannot overwrite this file.