Australia’s mothers and babies 2017
|Embryology - 1 Jun 2020 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
|A personal message from Dr Mark Hill (May 2020)|
|contributors to the site. The good news is Embryology will remain online and I will continue my association with UNSW Australia. I look forward to updating and including the many exciting new discoveries in Embryology!|
- In 2017, 301,095 women gave birth in Australia, an increase of 4.0% since 2007.
- 30.6 was the average maternal age of all women who gave birth, compared with 29.9 in 2007.
- 13% of women who gave birth in 2017 had gestational diabetes
- 1 in 3 mothers had a caesarean section in 2017
- 6.7% of liveborn babies were low birthweight in 2017
Australian Average Maternal Age Change
Australia's mothers and babies data visualisations [27 June 2019]
- Explore the characteristics and health of mothers and their babies through interactive data visualisations, including in-depth information and trends on the antenatal period, labour, birth and babies outcomes at birth.
|Australia’s mothers and babies: 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | National Perinatal Statistics Unit | AIHW | Australian Statistics | birth|
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2019. Australia’s mothers and babies 2017—in brief. Perinatal statistics series no. 35. Cat. no. PER 100. Canberra: AIHW.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2020, June 1) Embryology Australia’s mothers and babies 2017. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Australia%E2%80%99s_mothers_and_babies_2017
- © Dr Mark Hill 2020, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G