Ultrasound - Fetal Heart Rate
|Embryology - 3 Dec 2023 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
<html5media height="560" width="680">File:Week12_fetal_heart_rate.mp4</html5media>
Fetal Heart Rate from Ultrasound
This movie is a realtime ultrasound recording of the week 12 fetus using doppler to measure the fetal heart rate.
- The transducer is initially moved to locate the fetal heart (shown in the upper panel).
- The transducer is positioned to record through the heart and the changes in response to heart contraction are recorded in real time (shown in lower panel).
- A region in the recording that shows 2 sequential contractions is then identified and the distance between these 2 points can be used to calculate the heart rate (BPM, beats/minute).
- Note that at the end of this recording a large artefact generated by fetal movement during the recording.
Listen also the audio recording of an older fetus heart sounds [[Fetal_Heart_Sounds_Audio|Fetal Heart Sounds week 15 (GA Week 17)]].
<html5media height="200" width="500">File:Week17 fetal heart rate.mp3</html5media>
- Links: MP4 movie | MP3 Audio | Fetal Heart Sounds Week 17 | Heart Rate Development | Cardiovascular System Development | Ultrasound | Movies
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2023, December 3) Embryology Ultrasound - Fetal Heart Rate. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Ultrasound_-_Fetal_Heart_Rate
- © Dr Mark Hill 2023, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G