Glossary of terms
- A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols
- "More?" lists links site pages, original web page notes, and Pubmed references. Links to "lectures" are the most current undergraduate Science materials (lectures and laboratories).
- UK/USA spelling differences for example: "s" for "z", double "ll" or single "l", "our" or "or", "re" or "er".
- See also Historic Terminology - Historically many names and terminology in medicine and biology were given names based upon Latin or Greek roots. In addition, many discoveries were given names (eponyms) based upon the original discoverer or by the discoverer referring to other key researchers.
In addition to the embryology glossary, available on most site pages, there are a number of specialised glossaries that cover only a specific topic area. These additional specialised glossaries are listed below.
- Histology Terms
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Terms
- External Ear Terms
- Historic Terminology
- Glossary of Frog Embryological Terms
Use this page to access brief definitions of specific embryology terms. Additional information can be accessed from links listed at the end of each definition. Glossary from the UNSW Embryology program compiled and written by Dr Mark Hill. Reference material used in preparing this glossary list includes: texts listed on page 1 "Reading" of each notes section, Department of Anatomy Publications, WWW resources from NCBI, NIH, OMIM, NHMRC (Australia), AMA (USA), Office of Rare Diseases (USA), PubMed Medline Dictionaries, MSDS, Merck Manual home edn. and WHO ART terminology (2009).
These notes are for Educational Purposes Only Please email Dr Mark Hill if you wish to make a comment about this current project.
Copyright: Dr Mark Hill Created: 01.06.1997 Updated: 03.04.2013
|How to use the Glossary|
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, January 20) Embryology Glossary of terms. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Glossary_of_terms
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G