2010 BGD Practical - Fertilization to Implantation
We will study human development over a series of 3 practical classes spanning the overall human prenatal developmental timecourse. There will be an additional class covering the extramebryonic tissues formed from the conceptus (the embryonic membranes and placenta).
Practical - Fertilization to Implantation
This laboratory is an introduction to the earliest event in development, from fertilization of the ovum (egg) by sperm through to implantation.
Gonad, gametogenesis, ovary, testes, menstral cycle, oocyte development (oogenesis), sperm development (spermatogenesis), sperm morphology/motility, meiosis/mitosis, follicle, ovulation, zona pellucida, polar bodies, hormonal changes, mechanism of fertilization, post-fertilization changes, corpus luteum, zygote, morula, blastocyst, zona pellucida, embryoblast, trophoblast, ectopic implantation, abnormalities.
- Human Embryology, WJ. Larsen Chapter 1, 2, 3
- The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology. Moore & Persaud Chapter 1, 2
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
- 2010 BGD: Lecture 1 | Lecture 2 | Practical 3 | Practical 6 | Practical 12
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, November 13) Embryology 2010 BGD Practical - Fertilization to Implantation. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/2010_BGD_Practical_-_Fertilization_to_Implantation
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G