- Links: Ectopic Implantation | Trophoblast | Trophoblast - Protein Expression | Talk:Trophoblast | Implantation | Week 2 | Week 3 | Placenta Development | User:Z3452408 | Editing Basics
- OMIM 142871 - HLAG HLA-6.0; HLA60, T-CELL A LOCUS; TCA
- Human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-G
- The HLA-G gene is monomorphic and the only MHC antigen expressed on cytotrophoblast cells of placenta.
- Extravillous trophoblasts from normal human placenta and the BeWo adherent human choriocarcinoma cell line express an unusual form of class I HLA molecule.
- nonclassic HLA-G class I molecules in inhibiting natural killer cell function.
- modulate the immunologic relationship between mother and fetus.
- alternatively spliced HLA-G isoforms in first trimester trophoblast cell populations. Several alternatively spliced HLA-G mRNA isoforms, including a 14-bp polymorphism in the 3-prime UTR end (exon 8) of the HLA-G gene, are expressed at a significantly lower level than the corresponding HLA-G mRNA isoforms with the 14-bp sequence deleted. Hviid et al. (2003) suggested that this finding may have functional implications in connection with reports of aberrant HLA-G expression and reproductive success.
- alternative splicing that generates seven HLA-G proteins.
- UniProt P17693 338 AA
- Involved in the presentation of foreign antigens to the immune system.
- Plays a role in maternal tolerance of the fetus by mediating protection from the deleterious effects of natural killer cells, cytotoxic T-lymphocytes, macrophages and mononuclear cells.
Trophoblast Line SGHPL-4
- Professor Guy Whitley
- extravillous-like trophoblast cell line, SGHPL-4
UNSW Biorepository Dr Anusha Hettiaratchi - Manager Lowy Biorepository t: 02 9385 1493 | f: 02 9385 1273 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anti-HLA G antibody [MEM-G/1] (ab7759)
5 Recent Publications: HLAG
5 Recent Publications: SGHPL-4
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, October 17) Embryology Z3377257. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/User:Z3377257
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G