File:Autosomal dominant inheritance.jpg
Autosomal dominant inheritance
In this example, a man with an autosomal dominant disorder has two affected children and two unaffected children.
Examples of Autosomal Dominant Disease
- Huntington’s Disease (HD) - neurodegenerative disorder characterised by progressive motor abnormality and cognitive deterioration. (More? Student Project | neural)
- Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD) - late-onset multisystem disorder characterized by bilateral renal cysts, liver cysts, and an increased risk of intracranial aneurysms. (heterozygous pathogenic variant in PKD1, PKD2, GANAB, or DNAJB11) (More? renal)
- Inheritance Pattern images: Genetic Abnormalities | autosomal dominant | autosomal recessive | X-linked dominant (affected father) | X-Linked dominant (affected mother) | X-Linked recessive (affected father) | X-Linked recessive (carrier mother) | mitochondrial inheritance | Codominant inheritance | Genogram symbols | Genetics
Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/illustrations/autodominant
Government information at NLM Web sites is in the public domain. Public domain information may be freely distributed and copied, but it is requested that in any subsequent use the National Library of Medicine (NLM) be given appropriate acknowledgement. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/copyright.html
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, April 18) Embryology Autosomal dominant inheritance.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Autosomal_dominant_inheritance.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||09:40, 12 May 2010||307 × 396 (64 KB)||S8600021||Autosomal dominant inheritance In this example, a man with an autosomal dominant disorder has two affected children and two unaffected children. Source: Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/illustrations/autodominant Government info|
- You cannot overwrite this file.