|Embryology - 10 Apr 2021 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
Fertilization Age (FA) is a biological term usually given in weeks and/or days to describe human development timed from the day of fertilisation in research materials timed from fertilization (fertilization age or conceptional age). In all other species, other than human, this is how development is normally measured or timed. These terms are not generally used clinically.
Cestational Age (GA), or menstrual age, is the human clinical term usually given in weeks and days to describe human development timed from the first day of the last menstrual period (LMP). For gestational age in assisted reproductive technology pregnancy 2 weeks are added to the fertilisation date.
Note - This current website preferentially uses the approximate fertilization age, except for some clinical presentations, and may also list the GA.
- A template link from the FA acronym brings readers to this current page, use your browser back button to return to the original page.
- Links: Timeline human development | Menstrual Cycle | Week 1 | Assisted Reproductive Technology | Birth
Crown Rump Length
|Fertilization and Gestational Age - Crown-Rump Length (ultrasound)|
- Westerway SC, Davison A & Cowell S. (2000). Ultrasonic fetal measurements: new Australian standards for the new millennium. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol , 40, 297-302. PMID: 11065037
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, April 10) Embryology Fertilization Age. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Fertilization_Age
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G