2010 Lecture 24
Today's lecture and in the laboratory tomorrow will be an opportunity to revise the course content before the upcoming theory exam.
Examples of theory questions will also be given during this revision class.
Please send by email to the course coordinator any key content that you would like to be included and covered in the class today.
Theory Exam ANAT2341/1 MENG 403 Mechanical Eng 403 (K-J17-403)
Supplementary exams It is intended that supplementary exams for the School of Medical Sciences in Semester 2, 2010 will be held in the week commencing Monday 7th December, 2010. SOMS Supplementary exams
1. TIME ALLOWED - 2 hours
2. READING TIME – 10 minutes
3. THIS EXAM HAS 2 PAGES
4. TOTAL NUMBER OF QUESTIONS – 12
5. TOTAL MARKS AVAILABLE – 60
6. ALL QUESTIONS ARE OF EQUAL VALUE
7. ANSWER 6 QUESTIONS ONLY
8. ANSWER EACH PART IN SEPARATE BOOKS
9. ALL ANSWERS MUST BE WRITTEN IN INK. EXCEPT WHERE THEY ARE EXPRESSLY REQUIRED FOR, PENCILS MAY BE USED ONLY FOR DRAWING, SKETCHING OR GRAPHICAL WORK
10. PRINT YOUR STUDENT NUMBER AND NAME ON TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER AND SIGN
11. THIS PAPER MAY NOT BE RETAINED BY CANDIDATE
Topic Question Examples
- Two parts
- Answer only 3 questions from each Part 1 and Part 2 (6 questions total).
- Each Question is of equal value.
- Questions will be based upon topics covered in lectures throughout the entire course.
- Topics will include those given by guest lecturers.
- No past papers are available, but I will give examples in this revision class of the types of questions that may be asked using some lecture topics.
There are three main forms of assessment tasks shown below.
|Individual Tasks||Throughout the semester||20 %||Critical thinking and initiative, information literacy||Scholarly enquiry of research literature||Throughout the semester|
|Group Project||One online project page||20 %||Information literacy and effective communication||Initiative and collaborative work||Week 8 peer assessment, Week 10 final assessment|
|Theory Examination||2 hours||60 %||Engagement with the relevant disciplinary knowledge in its interdisciplinary context||Apply developmental theory to anatomical development||12 Nov MENG 403 Mechanical Eng 403 (K-J17-403)|
For more information see also UNSW Guidelines on Learning
Examiner The course organizer (Dr Mark Hill) will be the examiner. The course assessor is Prof Edna Hardeman.
Group Assessment will be an online small group (4-5 student) embryology project prepared throughout the semester, assessed by peers and the course coordinator. Detailed information will be available online and in the laboratory times.
Laboratory Assessment will be a series of short answer questions prepared throughout the semester relating to embryology lecture and laboratory content.
Theory examination will be an internal exam within the session two exam period and will conform to University examination guidelines. Students absent through illness or misadventure should immediately contact UNSW Student Central. For more information see UNSW A-Z Guide Special Consideration.
Supplementary examinations will only be offered if the student is unable to attend the final examination for medical or misadventure reasons.
Assignment and Lab Project Dates Current planned submission and project assessment dates are shown in the printed course schedule and timetable.
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Course Content 2010
Embryology Introduction | Cell Division/Fertilization | Lab 1 | Week 1&2 Development | Week 3 Development | Lab 2 | Mesoderm Development | Ectoderm, Early Neural, Neural Crest | Lab 3 | Early Vascular Development | Placenta | Lab 4 | Endoderm, Early Gastrointestinal | Respiratory Development | Lab 5 | Head Development | Neural Crest Development | Lab 6 | Musculoskeletal Development | Limb Development | Lab 7 | Kidney | Genital | Lab 8 | Sensory | Stem Cells | Stem Cells | Endocrine | Lab 10 | Late Vascular Development | Integumentary | Lab 11 | Birth, Postnatal | Revision | Lab 12 | Lecture Audio | Course Timetable
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, May 24) Embryology 2010 Lecture 24. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/2010_Lecture_24
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G