2010 BGD Practical - Implantation to 8 Weeks
Note this is an archive version see the current version - BGDA Practical - Implantation to 8 Weeks.
|Practical 3 - Fertilization to Implantation||Practical 6 - Implantation to 8 Weeks||Practical 12 - Fetal Period|
The first Embryology practical covered gametogenesis, fertilization, implantation and early events of embryonic development. The third week is the begining of the embryonic period which continues through to week eight. This period of development is complex, and an entire class could be spent on folding or development of any one organ system. Therefore the Lab must be reasonably general when covering organogenesis, organ/system development. In particular, the following topics are covered in detail in BGD Cycle B: gastrointestinal tract, head, sensory and urogenital development. These topics will not be described in detail here.
|<Flowplayer height="300" width="226" autoplay="true">Embryo stages 002.flv</Flowplayer>||We will also be using the Carnegie stage 7-23 images to examine external changes on the embryo. These stages are also shown in the movie "Carnegie stage human growth through embryonic period". Identify the key structures in figures on the following pages and discuss as a small group the dynamic events of development that are occurring at this early stage. If required ask your tutor for assistance. For new terms use the glossary link found at the bottom of each page.
Practical Class Note
- Material under the heading "Additional Information" on each page is not part of today's practical and is provided as supporting information only.
- "Embryo Stages and Events" is part of this additional information and is provided to allow you to see what else is going on within the embryo.
- Have you tried last week's 2010 Quiz? I will later add a similar one for this week's practical class.
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
- 2010 BGD: Lecture 1 | Lecture 2 | Practical 3 | Practical 6 | Practical 12
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, July 21) Embryology 2010 BGD Practical - Implantation to 8 Weeks. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/2010_BGD_Practical_-_Implantation_to_8_Weeks
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G