Testis Descent Movie
|Embryology - 18 Sep 2019 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
Data from a study of male human fetal (between 10 and 35 weeks) gonad position
- 10 to 23 weeks - (9.45%) had migrated from the abdomen and were situated in the inguinal canal
- 24 to 26 weeks - (57.9%) had migrated from the abdomen
- 27 to 29 weeks - (16.7%) had not descended to the scrotum
- mesenchymal structure occurring associated with gonad development and involved in testes descent.
- Two factors - insulin-like peptide hormone 3 (INSL3) and androgen, have been shown to be involved with gubernaculum development. Insulin-like peptide 3 (INSL3) hormone receptor is RXFP20.
Human gubernaculum development: 8-12 weeks - mesonephric fold at or near the gonad; 20-25 weeks - connected to the testis or uterus.
- Sampaio FJ & Favorito LA. (1998). Analysis of testicular migration during the fetal period in humans. J. Urol. , 159, 540-2. PMID: 9649288
- Niikura H, Okamoto S, Nagase S, Takano T, Murakami G, Tatsumi H & Yaegashi N. (2008). Fetal development of the human gubernaculum with special reference to the fasciae and muscles around it. Clin Anat , 21, 547-57. PMID: 18661576 DOI.
- Female: Ovary Development Movie - MP4 movie | External Genital Movie - MP4 movie | Internal Genital Movie - MP4 movie | Ovary Development | Uterus Development | Vagina Development | Movies
- Male: Testis Development Movie - MP4 movie | External Genital Movie - MP4 movie | Testis Descent Movie - MP4 movie | Penis Development | Testis Development | AMH |Movies
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, September 18) Embryology Testis Descent Movie. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Testis_Descent_Movie
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G