Template talk:Genetic Terms
- Netrin - roles in cell migration and neural axon guidance (secreted and GPI-anchored proteins). Secreted netrins can act either positively (attractive) or negatively (repulsive).
- Neurotrophin - secreted proteins interact with membrane tyrosine kinase receptors.
- Robo receptor - a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily.
- Semaphorin - (Sem) 8 vertebrate classes (class 3 secreted, classes 4 - 6 are transmembrane proteins, class 7 are GPI-anchored proteins). Secreted semaphorins bind the neuropilins, while the transmembrane semaphorins interact with the plexus, and GPI-anchored semaphorins are thought to use integrins as their receptors.
- Slit - Slit proteins signal through Roundabout (Robo) receptors and can mediate chemorepulsive events during development.