ANAT2341 Lab 1 2013
Human Fertilization and IVF
The Powerpoint file used to present this laboratory seminar is available as a pdf document HERE
This first lab will be taken by Dr Steven Fleming
Dr Fleming is the Scientific Director of Assisted Conception Australia - Honorary Associate, University of Sydney - And the former Scientific Director of the In Vitro Fertilization Clinic in Westmead Hospital, Sydney
- This tutorial/laboratory will focus on human gametogenesis and fertilization.
- Discuss issues relating to human assisted conception and learn modern cutting-edge techniques in this field
- Have an opportunity to ask questions concerning practicalities, problems, ethical concerns and any other issues related to human fertilization
- The learning objectives are as follows:
Gametogenesis and the origins of aneuploidy; Oocyte maturation, sperm capacitation and fertilisation; Assisted fertilisation techniques and their eithical implications
- The SEMs in the presentation were kindly provided by Dr Yorgos Nikas, whose website containing further images can be viewed at the following URL: http://www.eikonika.net/
- The TEMs in the presentation were kindly provided by Prof Henry Sathananthan, whose website containing further images can be viewed at the following URL: http://www.sathembryoart.com/
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology
Larsen's human embryology
|Citation: Larsen's human embryology 4th ed. Schoenwolf, Gary C; Larsen, William J, (William James). Philadelphia, PA : Elsevier/Churchill Livingstone, c2009.
The following chapter links only work with a UNSW connection.
|Citation: Developmental Biology, 6th ed., Gilbert, Scott F; Sunderland (MA): Sinauer Associates; 2000. ISBN-10: 0-87893-243-7
This more general development textbook edition is freely available online through NCBI Bookshelf.
Human development timeline