|Embryology - 23 Oct 2019 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
|ICD-11 - LD2F.11 VATER association - VACTERL/VATER is an association of congenital malformations typically characterized by the presence of at least three of the following: vertebral defects, anal atresia, cardiac defects, tracheo-esophageal fistula, renal anomalies, and limb abnormalities.|
VACTERL/VATER are the acronyms used to describe a multi-system congenital malformations including at least three of the following:
- Vertebral defects
- Anal atresia
- Cardiac defects
- Tracheo-esophageal fistula
- Renal anomalies
- Limb abnormalities
There is an additional identified form of VACTERL with hydrocephalus.
VACTERL/VATER prevalence and incidence data have been difficult to ascertain due to variable diagnostic criteria. Some reports suggest less than 1-9/100,000 infants, and the annual incidence has been reported to be 1/10,000 to 1/40,000 live births.
Some Recent Findings
|More recent papers|
This table allows an automated computer search of the external PubMed database using the listed "Search term" text link.
|These papers originally appeared in the Some Recent Findings table, but as that list grew in length have now been shuffled down to this collapsible table.|
- Kause F, Zhang R, Ludwig M, Schmiedeke E, Rissmann A, Thiele H, Altmueller J, Herms S, Hilger AC, Hildebrandt F & Reutter H. (2019). HSPA6: A new autosomal recessive candidate gene for the VATER/VACTERL malformation spectrum. Birth Defects Res , , . PMID: 30887706 DOI.
- Jesse C, Jonathan S, Jeremy N & June K. (2019). A rare case of laryngeal cleft in association with VACTERL and malrotation. Radiol Case Rep , 14, 315-319. PMID: 30546815 DOI.
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name. Links to any external commercial sites are provided for information purposes only and should never be considered an endorsement. UNSW Embryology is provided as an educational resource with no clinical information or commercial affiliation.
- OMIM 192350 VATER/VACTERL ASSOCIATION
- OMIM 276950 VACTERL ASSOCIATION WITH HYDROCEPHALUS
- OMIM VACTERL ASSOCIATION, X-LINKED, WITH OR WITHOUT HYDROCEPHALUS; VACTERLX
- OMIM 140555 HEAT-SHOCK 70-KD PROTEIN 6; HSPA6
- OMIM 142989 HOMEOBOX D13; HOXD13
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, October 23) Embryology VACTERL. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/VACTERL
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G