Lab 4 Online Assessment
- The allantois, identified in the placental cord, is continuous with what anatomical structure?
- Identify the 3 vascular shunts, and their location, in the embryonic circulation.
- Identify the Group project sub-section that you will be researching. (Add to project page and your individual assessment page)
--Z3293267 12:55, 28 July 2011 (EST)
Lab 1 Assessment
- Identify the origin of In Vitro Fertilization and the 2010 nobel prize winner associated with this technique.
- John Rock, an American obstetrician and gynecologist, was a pioneer in in vitro fertilization and sperm freezing. He helped many of his patients achieve pregnancy and became known as a "ground-breaking infertility specialist." In 1977, Patrick Steptoe and Robert Edwards successfully carried out a pioneering conception which resulted in the birth of the world's first baby to be conceived by IVF.
- Robert G. Edwards was awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- Identify a recent paper on fertilisation and describe its key findings.
- | Correlation of body mass index with outcome of in vitro fertilization in a developing country.
- To correlate ovarian response to stimulation and IVF outcome according to the women's body mass index (BMI). The conclusion came to an increased BMI is associated with poorer IVF outcome.
- Identify 2 congenital anomalies.
- Down syndrome (Trisomy 21)
- Turner's syndrome
--Mark Hill 10:03, 3 August 2011 (EST) These answers are fine. I will help with reference formatting in later classes.
--Z3293267 13:03, 4 August 2011 (EST)
Lab 2 Assessment
- Identify the ZP protein that spermatozoa binds and how is this changed (altered) after fertilization.