- stage 24 - eye primordium reaches optic cup stage, inner layer of the optic cup forms a thickened pseudostratified neural retina, while the outer layer of the optic cup develops into a single-cell layered pigmented epithelium.
- stage 9 - expressed in the anterior neural ridge toward the posterior region of the nascent optic vesicle.
- stage 10 - more distinct in the proximal region of the optic vesicle and in the dorsal forebrain.
- stages 10–11 - in the proximal optic vesicle highest.
- stage 13 - in the diencephalon alar region and in subsets of cells in the ventral midline region (prospective hypothalamus).
- stage 14 to 23 - not expressed in the inner layer of the optic vesicle or optic cup
- stage 24 - in retinal horizontal precursors.
- <pubmed>23213388</pubmed>| PMC3507191