Talk:2010 BGD Tutorial - Applied Embryology and Teratology
--Mark Hill 21:06, 29 September 2010 (UTC) This page only contains old links and material being prepared for the actual page.
From the Victorian Perinatal Data Collection Unit in Victoria between 2003-2004.
- Hypospadias (More? Development Animation - Genital Male External | Genital Abnormalities - Hypospadia)
- Obstructive Defects of the Renal Pelvis (More? Renal System - Abnormalities)
- Ventricular Septal Defect (More? Cardiovascular Abnormalities - Ventricular Septal Defect)
- Congenital Dislocated Hip (More? Musculoskelal Abnormalities - Congenital Dislocation of the Hip (CDH))
- Trisomy 21 or Down syndrome - (More? Trisomy 21)
- Hydrocephalus (More? Neural Abnormalities - Hydrocephalus)
- Cleft Palate (More? Development Animation - Palate 1 | Development Animation - Palate 2 | Cleft Palate)
- Trisomy 18 or Edward Syndrome - multiple abnormalities of the heart, diaphragm, lungs, kidneys, ureters and palate 86% discontinued (More? (More? Trisomy 18)
- Renal Agenesis/Dysgenesis - reduction in neonatal death and stillbirth since 1993 may be due to the more severe cases being identified in utero and being represented amongst the increased proportion of terminations (approximately 31%). (More? Kidney Abnormalities - Renal Agenesis)
- Cleft Lip and Palate - occur with another defect in 33.7% of cases. (More? Cleft Lip)
The following are links to relevant notes pages that cover the key embryology concepts in this tutorial. These pages and their links will provide further detailed information.
Development Week by Week | Fetal Development | Birth | APGAR | Neonatal | Week 2 Abnormalities - Trophoblastic Disease | Placenta | Neural Abnormalities | Abnormal Development - Folic Acid and Neural Tube Defects | Week 3 - Neuralation | Cardiovascular Abnormalities | Twinning | Week 1 Blastocyst | Molecular Development
Abnormal Development | Genetic Abnormalities | Maternal Factors | Critical Periods of Development | Abnormal Development- Australian Statistics | Normal Development- Australian Statistics | Abnormal Development - Drugs | Genetic Abnormalities | Abnormal Development - Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) | Abnormal Development - Maternal | Abnormal Development - Fetal Alcohol Syndrome | Abnormal Development - Viral Infection | Rubella Virus | Abnormal Development - Hyperthermia
Additional Abnormal Development Links
Australian Statistics | Normal Development- Birth - Stillbirth and Perinatal Death | Abnormalities by SystemsPrenatal DiagnosisFetal Origins Hypothesis | Intrauterine Growth RetardationTwinningGenetic Abnormalities | Down Syndrome | Edwards SyndromeMaternal FactorsNeural Tube DefectsFetal Alcohol SyndromeSmokingChemicalDrugsRadiationHeavy MetalIodine DeficiencyViral Infection | Rubella | Parvovirus | Databases | NINDS Factsheets
Applied Embryology Links: Normal Development- Statistics | Normal Development- Australian Statistics | World Infant Health Statistics | Abnormal Development - Australian Congenital Malformations Classifications | Birth - Stillbirth and Perinatal Death