|File:Mouse embryo E14 sectioned microCT icon.jpg</wikiflv>
Mouse embryo, Theiler stage 22.
|Theiler Stage 22
- Fingers separate distally
- Individual 'fingers' are visible in the anterior footplate and there are deep indentations between the 'toes' which are not yet separated.
- The long bones of the limbs are present and there are hair follicles in the pectoral, pelvic and trunk regions.
- The pinna is turned forwards and the umbilical hernia is conspicuous.
- Absent: hair follicles in the cephalic region.
- Embryonic age = 14 dpc (range 13.5-15 dpc)
- 56-60 somite pairs
- Equivalent Witschi Stage in rat = 31
- Equivalent Carnegie Stage in humans = 20-23
- Links: Quicktime 2.2MB | Quicktime 4MB | Quicktime version | Flash version | Movies | Computed Tomography | Mouse Development
<pubmed>19545439</pubmed>| PMC2717911 | BMC Physiol.
© 2009 Metscher; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
IKI stain - 1% iodine metal (I2) + 2% potassium iodide (KI) in water.