Some Recent Findings
Taxonomy ID: 9322
Genbank common name: kangaroo
Inherited blast name: marsupials
Genetic code: Translation table 1 (Standard)
Mitochondrial genetic code: Translation table 2 (Vertebrate Mitochondrial)
Lineage ( full )
cellular organisms; Eukaryota; Opisthokonta; Metazoa; Eumetazoa; Bilateria; Coelomata; Deuterostomia; Chordata; Craniata; Vertebrata; Gnathostomata; Teleostomi; Euteleostomi; Sarcopterygii; Tetrapoda; Amniota; Mammalia; Theria; Metatheria; Diprotodontia; Macropodidae; Macropus
- Links: Taxonomy Browser Macropus
The tammar wallaby karyotype (2 n = 16) consists of 7 autosomes and the two sex chromosomes.
<pubmed>21672208</pubmed> <pubmed>21540568</pubmed> <pubmed>18431054</pubmed> <pubmed>18322362</pubmed> <pubmed>18069991</pubmed>
- Life of Marsupials by Hugh Tyndale-Biscoe Publisher: CSIRO Publishing (2005).
- Kangaroo - A Portrait of an Extraordinary Marsupial by Stephen Jackson and Karl Vernes Publisher: Allen & Unwin (2010).
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name. Links to any external commercial sites are provided for information purposes only and should never be considered an endorsement. UNSW Embryology is provided as an educational resource with no clinical information or commercial affiliation.
- NSW Government Information
- Newborn Baby Grey Kangaroo - Attenborough - Life of Mammals - BBC video
- Birth of the Red Kangaroo (1965) - CSIRO video 1 | video 2 video 3
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, January 17) Embryology Kangaroo Development. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Kangaroo_Development
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G