Original file (814 × 1,000 pixels, file size: 33 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Stage 9 day 20, somites 3-4
Ventrolateral view (cut away from chorion and amniotic sac) showing the embryo and yolk sac.
- the relative size of the embryo and the associated extra-embryonic coeloms.
- the shape of the early folded embryonic disc and rostro-caudal bendings.
- the relative thicknesses of the embryo and extra-embryonic membranes.
- the position of the prechordal plate (cardiogenic region) ventral to brain fold.
Original file name: Stage9day20somites3-4lateralbf2v2.jpg
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
Image Source: Scanning electron micrographs of the Carnegie stages of the early human embryos are reproduced with the permission of Prof Kathy Sulik, from embryos collected by Dr. Vekemans and Tania Attié-Bitach. Images are for educational purposes only and cannot be reproduced electronically or in writing without permission.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:02, 22 August 2009||814 × 1,000 (33 KB)||S8600021||Human embryo Stage 9 day 20, somites 3-4 Ventrolateral view (cut away from chorion and amniotic sac) showing the embryo and yolk sac. Note: # the relative size of the embryo and the associated extra-embryonic coeloms. # the shape of the early folded e|