File:Stage14 respiratory tract.jpg
Stage14_respiratory_tract.jpg (406 × 431 pixels, file size: 76 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Stage14 Respiratory Tract Development
This diagram is designed to show the association between the foregut and the early respiratory system at about stage 13 to 14 (week 4-5) of development.
Excerpts of the histology sections and their approximate level are shown in the cartoon of the embryonic respiratory/gastrointestinal tracts.
- initial bifurcation of foregut (oesophagus) and respiratory (trachea).
- heart (ventral) and the dorsal aortas (dorsal) to the lung buds.
- stomach below the lung buds.
- narrow pleural canals outside the lung buds.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, September 21) Embryology Stage14 respiratory tract.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Stage14_respiratory_tract.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||14:04, 24 August 2009||406 × 431 (76 KB)||MarkHill||Stage14 respiratory tract Original file name: lung2.gif Image source: UNSW Embryology http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/Notes/respire.htm|