Original file (740 × 1,000 pixels, file size: 72 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Carnegie stage 10, 23 day, 11 somite pairs
Scanning EM dorsolateral view
- scale bar 100 microns
- yolk sac attached, amnion cut, connecting stalk (right)
- section removed to view developing heart in pericardial cavity
- open anterior and posterior neuropore
- note appearance of extra-embryonic mesoderm covering yolk sac
- thin amniotic membrane (cut edges)
Horizontal Version of this image also available.
Original File Name: Stage10day23somite11-lateral-sem1-rotated90.jpg
Image Source: Scanning electron micrographs of the Carnegie stages of the early human embryos are reproduced with the permission of Prof Kathy Sulik, from embryos collected by Dr. Vekemans and Tania Attié-Bitach. Images are for educational purposes only and cannot be reproduced electronically or in writing without permission.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, March 9) Embryology Stage10 sem9.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Stage10_sem9.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:03, 3 September 2009||740 × 1,000 (72 KB)||S8600021||Human Embryo Carnegie stage 10, 23 day, 11 somite pairs Scanning EM dorsolateral view, yolk sac attached, amnion cut, section removed to view developing heart scale bar 100 microns Original File Name: Stage10day23somite11-lateral-sem1-rotated90.jpg S|