Original file (1,000 × 590 pixels, file size: 60 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Human Embryo (Carnegie Stage 10)
- Scanning electron micrograph dorsolateral view of Carnegie Stage 10 embryo.
- Neural groove forming from neural plate on upper surface.
- large brain fold region to left of image.
- narrow spinal cord region to right of image.
- Heart bulge can be seen on lower ventral surface.
- Connecting stalk to the right of image.
- Amniotic membrane cut edge shown at edge of developing embryo.
- Links: vertical view | horizontal view | Carnegie stage 10 | Lecture - Early Neural | Neural System Development | Week 4
Image Source: Scanning electron micrographs of the Carnegie stages of the early human embryos are reproduced with the permission of Prof Kathy Sulik, from embryos collected by Dr. Vekemans and Tania Attié-Bitach. Images are for educational purposes only and cannot be reproduced electronically or in writing without permission.
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, June 16) Embryology Stage10 sem2.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Stage10_sem2.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:27, 23 August 2009||1,000 × 590 (60 KB)||S8600021||Stage10day21somite4-5dorsolateralsem2v2.jpg|