Original file (1,000 × 750 pixels, file size: 79 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Carnegie stage 10, 23 day, 11 somite pairs
Scanning EM dorsolateral view of embryo rostral end, whole Stage10 embryo image.
- yolk sac attached, amnion cut, connecting stalk (right)
- section removed to view developing heart in pericardial cavity
- open anterior neuropore
- note appearance of extra-embryonic mesoderm covering yolk sac (bottom)
- thin amniotic membrane (cut edges)
Original File Name: Stage10day23somite11-dorsolateral-sem6-heart.jpg
Related Images: whole Stage10 embryo image
Image Source: Scanning electron micrographs of the Carnegie stages of the early human embryos are reproduced with the permission of Prof Kathy Sulik, from embryos collected by Dr. Vekemans and Tania Attié-Bitach. Images are for educational purposes only and cannot be reproduced electronically or in writing without permission.
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2020, December 6) Embryology Stage10 sem15.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Stage10_sem15.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2020, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||21:52, 3 September 2009||1,000 × 750 (79 KB)||S8600021||Stage10day23somite11-dorsolateral-sem6-heart.jpg|