File:Monitoring the health impacts of mandatory folic acid and iodine fortification 2016.jpg
Original file (595 × 842 pixels, file size: 91 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Monitoring the health impacts of mandatory folic acid and iodine fortification 2016
Cover image of the AIHW 2016 report.
- Mandatory fortification of bread with folic acid (in Australia) and iodine (in Australia and New Zealand) was introduced in 2009
- Overall decrease in the rate of neural tube defects (NTDs) by 14.4%
- Teenagers the rate of NTDs decreased by almost 55%
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women the rate of NTDs decreased by 74%
- Links: Folic Acid and Neural Tube Defects | Iodine Deficiency | Australian Statistics | AIHW - folic acid and iodine
© Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2016 This product, excluding the AIHW logo, Commonwealth Coat of Arms and any material owned by a third party or protected by a trademark, has been released under a Creative Commons BY 3.0 (CC-BY 3.0) licence. Excluded material owned by third parties may include, for example, design and layout, images obtained under licence from third parties and signatures. We have made all reasonable efforts to identify and label material owned by third parties. You may distribute, remix and build upon this work. However, you must attribute the AIHW as the copyright holder of the work in compliance with our attribution policy available at <www.aihw.gov.au/copyright/>. The full terms and conditions of this licence are available at <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/>.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, April 17) Embryology Monitoring the health impacts of mandatory folic acid and iodine fortification 2016.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Monitoring_the_health_impacts_of_mandatory_folic_acid_and_iodine_fortification_2016.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||10:35, 28 June 2016||595 × 842 (91 KB)||Z8600021||==Monitoring the health impacts of mandatory folic acid and iodine fortification 2016== Cover image of 2016 report. ===Reference=== ====Copyright==== © Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2016 This product, excluding the AIHW logo, Common...|