File:Carnegie stages species comparison.jpg
Carnegie_stages_species_comparison.jpg (800 × 514 pixels, file size: 85 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Carnegie stages species comparison
The data in relation to days is only an approximation (an average of the range) due to the variability that occurs in normal developmental. The most common measurement is the crown to rump length (CRL) and the effects of fixation should always be considered when making these measurements.
Based on data compiled in: Butler, H. and Juurlink, B.H.J. An atlas for staging mammalian and chick embryos. CRC Press Inc., Florida (1987).
- Baboon - Hendrickx Embryology of the baboon. University of Chicago Press.
- Chicken - Hamburger and Hamilton A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J. Morph. 88 p49 (1951)
- Chinese Hamster - Donkelaar Stages in the prenatal development of the chinese hamster. Anat. Embryol. 156 p1 (1979)
- Guinea Pig - Harman and Prickett The development of the external form of the guinea-pig between the ages of 11 and 20 days of gestation. Am. J. Anat. 49 p351 (1932)
- Human - O'Rahilly Early human development and the chief source of information on staged human embryos. Eur. J. Obstet. Gynec. Reprod. Biol. 9 p273 (1979)
- Marmoset - Phillips The embryology of the common marmoset. Adv.
- Monkey - Hendrickx and Sawey Embryology of the rhesus monkey. The Rhesus Monkey, Bourne (ed), Academic Press, NY (1975)
- Mouse - Theiler The house mouse. Springer-Verlag, NY (1972)
- Pig - Marrable The embryonic pig. A chronological account. Pitman Medical, London (1971)
- Rabbit - Edwards The external development of the rabbit and rat embryo. Advances in teratology, Vol 3, Woollam (ed), Academic Press, NY (1968)
- Rat - Witschi Growth. Altman and Dittmer (ed), Fed. Soc. Exp. Biol., Washington (1962)
- Sheep - Bryden Embryology of the sheep. J. Morphology 138 p169 (1972)
|Animal Development: axolotl | bat | cat | chicken | cow | dog | dolphin | echidna | fly | frog | goat | grasshopper | guinea pig | hamster | horse | kangaroo | koala | lizard | medaka | mouse | opossum | pig | platypus | rabbit | rat | sea squirt | sea urchin | sheep | worm | zebrafish | life cycles | development timetable | development models | K12|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:11, 3 June 2011||800 × 514 (85 KB)||S8600021|
|18:41, 14 April 2010||556 × 357 (50 KB)||MarkHill||Carnegie stages species comparison The data in relation to days is only an approximation (an average of the range) due to the variability that occurs in normal developmental. The most common measurement is the crown to rump length (CRL) and the effects o|