File:Cardiac Conduction System.jpg
Original file (1,201 × 862 pixels, file size: 81 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Cardiac Conduction System in the Adult Heart
Electrical conduction system of the heart occurs through specially modified cardiac muscle cells.
- Week 7 (GA) - SA node initially develops in the sinus venosus and then is incorporated into the RA.
- AV node arises slightly superior to the endocardial cushions.
- SA node - sinoatrial node located on the anterior border of the opening of the superior vena cava.
- AV node - atrioventricular node located near the orifice of the coronary sinus in the annular and septal fibres of the right atrium.
- bundle of His
- Left bundle branch
- Right bundle branch
- moderator band - primary conduction path in to the free wall originating from the right bundle branch.
<pubmed>19808465</pubmed> <pubmed>16148066</pubmed> <pubmed>20811536</pubmed> <pubmed>12382942</pubmed> <pubmed></pubmed>
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||13:03, 14 March 2010||1,201 × 862 (81 KB)||Z3212774||category:Heart ILP Cardiac conduction system in the adult heart.|