Developmental Mechanism - Rostro-Caudal axis Axis
|Embryology - 8 Apr 2020 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
Draft Page - notice removed when complete.
How do you establish the anatomical axes of the embryo? Another well studied model of axis patterning is the establishment of limb axes, in particular this system historically was studied by grafting and rotating parts of the early developing limb.
Note there is some confusion arising in the terminology when comparing animal developmental axes and those of human anatomical axes.
Left-right axis (L-R) transverse plane
- vertebrates - left side Nodal expression
- sea urchins - right side Nodal expression, inhibit the right mesodermal coelomic pouch (CP) from forming the adult rudiment
- Nodal - induces its own expression and that of Lefty.
- Lefty - a Nodal feedback inhibitor with a longer diffusion range.
|Primitive node cilia (human stage 8)||Embryo left-right asymmetry pathway|
|Axes Formation: left-right axis | dorso-ventral axis | rostro-caudal axis | limb axis | Coronal | Sagittal | Transverse|
Some Recent Findings
|More recent papers|
This table allows an automated computer search of the external PubMed database using the listed "Search term" text link.
Search term: Left-Right Axis
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2020, April 8) Embryology Developmental Mechanism - Rostro-Caudal axis Axis. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Developmental_Mechanism_-_Rostro-Caudal_axis_Axis
- © Dr Mark Hill 2020, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G