- Initially the cloaca forms a common urinary, genital, GIT space
- This is divided by formation of a septum into anterior urinary and dorsal rectal
- superior - Tourneux fold
- lateral - Rathke folds
- septum fuses with cloacal membrane before it commences to degenerate.
- hindgut - distal third transverse colon, descending and sigmoid colon, rectum.
- anal pit - distal third of anorectal canal (ectodermal)
- Links: MP4 version | Urogenital Septum Movie | Urogenital Sinus Movie | Renal System Development | Genital System Development