BGDA Tutorial - Embryology 2011
--Mark Hill 09:38, 2 May 2013 (EST) I am using the same page for 2012, 2013.
This online tutorial is an opportunity for students to raise with the Embryology content provider any specific topics that have not been resolved in either the Lecture or Practical classes. BGDA embryology structure has been designed to take you through human development at a greater depth than the introduction made in Foundations. It has identified the sequence of events from reproductive cycles, fertilization, implantation, placentation, embryonic and fetal development. BGDB will follow on by covering specific systemic development issues.
This page includes links to audio recordings made from the first tutorial sessions.
I would appreciate specific questions to be emailed to me before the expert tutorial dates in order to prepare clear answers.
My answers and those of the other expert tutors refer specifically only to Embryology content and not that of other disciplines.
--Mark Hill 09:51, 2 June 2011 (EST)
Expert Tutorial Issues
Be prepared for your tutorials. It does not help anyone if you have no questions to bring to the table, and turns an opportunity for interaction into a straight review lecture.
|Look through your own lecture and practical notes.
||Discuss with you SG.
|Be careful of inaccurate reporting.
||Occasionally corrections are made to previously presented materials.
2011 BGD Cycle A
- BGDA Lecture - Development of the Embryo/Fetus 1
- BGDA Lecture - Development of the Embryo/Fetus 2
- BGDA Practical - Fertilization to Implantation (practical 3)
- BGDA Practical - Implantation to 8 Weeks (practical 7)
- BGDA Practical - Fetal Development (practical 12)
- BGDA Tutorial - Embryology 2011
Embryology Tutorial 1 Audio
These are a live unedited recording from the two repeat tutorials and may contain errors in either descriptions or content. These recordings are for University level students and may not be suitable for young students. For educational purposes only.
- Dr Mark Hill Monday 23rd May 2011 11am Biomed E listen | download (5.83 Mb MP3 50:56)
- Dr Mark Hill Monday 24th May 2011 11am Biomed E listen | download (5.31 Mb MP3 46:23)
For educational purposes only.
--Mark Hill 11:05, 2 June 2011 (EST) My answers specifically refer only to Embryology content that I have provided and not that of other disciplines.
Will this be in the Exam?
- Don't even try this one!
- I am happy to help you with my materials but not to simply narrow down the topics to those examined.
- In both Lectures and Practicals, the online content I work through with you is the basis of the concepts you need to know.
- External links are often to images, texts or references that should help your understanding of the content I provide, but are not directly examinable.
- Internal links to other specific content pages are similarly for aiding the understanding of specific concepts.
- Internal links to animations are used to illustrate dynamic processes that are also generally described on the content pages.
- Additional Information on Practical class pages is just that, and does not form part of the current assessment content.
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2021, September 22) Embryology BGDA Tutorial - Embryology 2011. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/BGDA_Tutorial_-_Embryology_2011
- © Dr Mark Hill 2021, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G